The Lake Charles Petroleum Wives Club Collection
3.34 linear feet
Collection Number 251
Prepared by Kathie Bordelon
CITATION: The Lake Charles Petroleum Wives Club Collection, Collection No. 251, Box number, Folder number, Archives and Special Collections Department, Frazar Memorial Library, McNeese State University.
Archives and Special Collections Department
The Women's Geological Auxiliary was established in 1948 with Mrs. Margaret McGlasson, Mrs. Jean Morrow, and Mrs. Maud Hoffman comprising the Constitution and By-laws Committee. In January 1964, the organization revised the constitution and by-laws and renamed themselves the Lake Charles Petroleum Wives Club. Wives of professional men employed in the exploration or production of oil are eligible for membership. The object of the club is to provide a meeting place for the wives and to create friendship through social contacts and activities, including programs, luncheons, style shows, etc.
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains four scrapbooks containing photographs, programs, yearbooks, clippings, and other materials recording the clubs activities and members from 1964 to 1999.
Box 1 Scrapbooks
Box 2 Scrapbooks
Copyright 2009 McNeese State University